Head of People
Salary: £75000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268222878
Head of People
London – hybrid working
Up to £75,000 + car allowance + bonus
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced Head of People to lead and develop the HR team ensuring they deliver a responsive, efficient and customer focused service to the business. Working closely with the Chief People Officer to create and deliver strategies that will help the business retain talent and prepare for future growth.
You will be the people subject matter expert in the business, operating as a trusted advisor and reporting back to the business regularly with MI. Ideally, you will have partnered a sales client group previously, and can demonstrate forward thinking initiatives around Reward & Benefits, Succession Planning, L&D & Employee Value Proposition.
With plans to grow via M&A, the successful candidate must have previous M&A/TUPE experience. You will join the business at an exciting time, with tangible growth plans. The strategy is to spend the next year building a strong and scalable foundation with all of the fundamental elements of a great HR function.
• Ensure that the HR function operates professionally and with integrity and provides service levels that are responsive, consistent, timely and commercial. Ensure all employee relations matters are handled in line with HR best practice and UK employment law.
• Produce company-wide data on employee retention and stability, labour turnover and absence rates ensuring it is accurate and timely. Working with the Chief People Officer, analyse the information and develop and recommend the appropriate HR interventions to address any issues that arise from ongoing analysis.
• Provide advice and guidance to the directors on complex Employee Relations matters and provide hands-on support when required.
• Champion a high-performance culture both across the workforce and within HR. Develop and agree performance management processes that drive high performance in conjunction with business leaders.
• In conjunction with the Head of Talent, manage pay and reward within the company ensuring that it remains competitive externally and helps to retain talent internally. Conduct an annual review of employee benefits to ensure they represent best value for the business and its employees.
• Attend leadership meetings to update on any departmental projects and employment law changes
• Support the CPO with the implementation of the People and Culture strategy throughout the business
• Review and refresh HR policies, processes and procedures to reflect best practice and ensure that they continue to meet the requirements of the business, its employees and the law.
• Work with the Chief People Officer and Chief Finance Officer during the annual budgeting process to set and agree the department’s budgets. Report against them to the CFO to an agreed format and frequency and ensure that the function operates within it agreed budget.
• Provide leadership and motivate the team to achieve success through establishing clear goals and expectations of performance, reviewing progress regularly and taking proactive action where required to bring performance back in line, where required.
• Build and maintain effective and productive working relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties.
Professional Skills & Experience
• Experienced manager with a track record of inspirational leadership and proven high performance
• Expert knowledge and understanding of English employment law and of complex employee relations case work
• Demonstrable track record of providing sound, professional advice on strategic HR issues
• Experience managing and developing an HR team in a demanding and fast paced sales environment
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Able to prioritise personal and team workload in an ever changing fast paced environment
• CIPD qualification or significant experience to the equivalent level
• Has credibility and presence, is an excellent relationship builder both internally and externally
• Leads with integrity and is able to inspire and empower others
• Contributes to the success of the wider business, is an effective team player and is willing to help others where required
• Acts with integrity and has the highest standards of personal presentation and is able to hold others to account
If you have the above experience and this is something of interest, please do apply!