Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 480104093
Cambridge with UK and European travel
Salary: £50-60,000 per annum + bonus (up to 15%) + benefits package. Negotiable depending on experience.
My client, a conglomerative of consultancy businesses with employees on the ground across Europe and North America are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Operational HR Manager to lead the European office locations. Reporting to the HR Director, the role will be responsible for actively running, coordinating and evolving the HR activities across the group in the UK and continental Europe locations.
This is a generalist Operational HR Manager opportunity with full responsibility for ensuring that HR activities are managed effectively and to a high level of professionalism across European offices. The successful HR Manager should already have significant experience providing first class HR support within a commercial environment and have a proven track record of delivering results. This role will manage a team of two HR Advisors and two HR Assistants.
This organisation is best characterised as a growing and ambitious organisation with a fast paced environment. The successful HR Manager will enjoy a dynamic and constantly evolving working environment and will always be looking for the next challenge and opportunity to advance the quality and capability of HR within the organisation. This role also requires a very hands on approach to HR projects, processes and ER activities and will require working closely with the senior management team across the group.
• Management: Proactively guide and manage HR Advisors/Assistants ensuring they are managing their day to day tasks efficiently whilst also delegating and supporting them in project work;
• Employee relations: advise managers on employee relations issues and assist in playing an active part in the formal process. Deal with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills;
• Policy and procedures: Working with the Group HR Director, review and implement new HR policies, procedures and processes (as appropriate), ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensure line managers are up to date with changes to any policies;
• Business Partnering: acts as a partner to the business providing advice, coaching and support to managers on all HR matters, policies and processes assisting them in effectively managing their teams and talent/performance management. Feeds back to the management team as appropriate regarding employment issues within business, including morale, pay and benefits, retention, training and resource management;
• Recruitment: manages the overall recruitment process for the businesses from business approval to offer; makings recommendations regarding recruitment process improvements, sourcing candidates and targeting passive job seekers;
• Learning and Development: works collaboratively with managers to identify training needs and assists in developing key training themes for the year. Sources appropriate courses and delivers internal workshops where appropriate;
• Compensation benchmarking: understands the process of benchmarking and identifies and makes recommendations as appropriate;
• Talent management: Leads talent management reviews working with managers to identify high performers and assists in identifying next steps in long term retention and development. Manages succession planning through this process;;
• Payroll: Checks payroll input, identifies any issues and troubleshoots where needed;
• Projects: Undertakes projects as required
• Benefits: acts as first contact for any queries surrounding benefits
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Hands on experience working with employees/senior stakeholders on a UK and European basis with a strong understanding of employment law
• Experience managing a team of HR Administrators & HR Advisors
• Displays a high level of professionalism with the ability to negotiate complex, multi-stakeholder ER cases with confidence
• Ability to multi task and operate effectively and efficiently in a fast moving environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the confidence liaise with all levels of the organization
To express your interest in this fantastic opportunity please do not delay in applying with an up to date CV. To discuss the role in more detail call Charly Newton-Coombs at Network HR on 0121 450 5030.
In compliance with the regulations (April 2004) in place under the employment agencies act, Network HR will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable.