Human Resource Manager
Salary: £30000 - £33000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 480104104
Human Resource Manager vacancy - Solihull – 30 – 33K per annum (negotiable)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a HR Manager to work for a well-respected, large veterinary organisation in Solihull. This is a standalone role and will be based at one of their veterinary practices.
The role would suit someone who is an experienced HR Manager and CIPD 5 qualified. They are flexible on sector experience and someone who has a keen interest in HR and sees it as a career not just a job is preferable.
You would initially be hired on a fixed term contract for a period of 1 year (as maternity cover) but this could potentially be for longer and there may also be an opportunity to stay with the company after the initial 1 year has lapsed.
• Manage employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence etc.
• Support line managers with flexible working requests, performance management etc.
SELECTION & RECRUITMENT
• Support the recruitment process – this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc.
• Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies.
• Administer and update monthly payroll records and keep the central payroll function appraised of any changes.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Manage training and competency records for all staff (CPD records/checking personal development folders, copies for our files to prove training/competency etc.)
• Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
• Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
As you can see this is a generalist HR role, very varied and the opportunity to work for a successful, growing company that help care for our beloved pets.
The successful applicant will ideally have at least two years' experience in a similar role. A recognised foundation qualification from CIPD or ILM would be advantageous and a willingness to train further as the role develops is essential. You should have a structured, well organised approach to the working day but be flexible enough to deal with day to day issues and re-prioritise tasks as necessary.
If you like what you see and would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity please call James Caspersen at Network HR on 0121 450 5030 or email a copy of your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org