Senior HR Business Partner
Salary: £100000 - £120000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 480104177
Senior HR Business Partner
Package: Base salary up to £120,000 per annum + bonus and benefits package
Network HR have been appointed on a retained basis to work alongside a world leading banking group within their corporate investment bank division to hire a Senior HR Business Partner. This conglomerative of banking businesses rank in the top 10 in the world and are one of the largest banks in Europe.
As the Senior HR Business Partner you will partner a client group of circa 350 employees, lead a team of 2 UK HR Business Partners, have a dual reporting line to the UK and European Headquarters and liaise with the wider international HR teams to provide operational and strategic direction in line with the wider group strategy.
A strategic and operational Global HR Business Partner providing a professional service to line managers and employees within the particular business division. Working as one team with European headquarters and Managing the London HR team dedicated to this perimeter to deliver a proactive and commercially focused HR advisory service to line managers within the company framework.
Skills and Experience required:
• Experience working in a Non-UK Headquartered, global, matrixed organisation is essential
• Previous experience in the Corporate Investment Banking sector is highly desirable. Financial Services exposure is essential.
• Experience of SME UK headcount population within a larger organisation
• Broad and in depth HR experience at a senior level, ideally global
• Team management and leadership skills. Managerial skills and ability to motivate and foster best performance
• Highly competent with change management, knowledge of HR policies and procedures, knowledge of current HR issues including employee relations in accordance with relevant employment legislation
• Demonstrable commercial acumen
• Solutions focused, transformational, generalist, attentive to detail and data savvy
• Assertive, persuasive, direct, resilient
• Develop strong business relationships with key stakeholders, becoming a strategic partner for 1 Global Business Line and trusted advisor on all organisation and people related matters in the UK.
• Engage with managers and employees within the client group(s) to develop a deep knowledge and understanding through regular career interviews, meetings and discussions
• Drive and deliver HR initiatives to support business needs, such a talent management, employee engagement and internal mobility.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with HR colleagues in London, Europe and across the network to ensure transparency of communications and general support.
• Oversee and follow up on all employee cases within the client group(s) including international mobility.
• Ensure staff are effectively trained and developed to meet theirs and the Business' immediate and long term objectives. Specifically to work with business line managers to advise on establishing strong succession plans and to partner with the Training and development team to design and deliver a needs-based training program
• Support business heads in their development of people management and leadership skills.
• Support Managers on employee relations issues providing strategic commercial advice in line with the values
• Implement organisational change initiatives supported by Head office
• Recruit, interview and develop offers as needed for mid-level to senior positions within the business, ensuring roles are internally advertised and facilitate internal mobility, partnering with the Head of Resourcing in London when necessary.
• Ensure the recruitment procedures are followed, specifically the preparation of recruitment files for approval by HQ Senior Management and the provision of regular updates.
• Ensure HR processes fully support the implementation of compliance related topics within the clients groups
• Champion excellence by working closely with UK HR Services team to ensure service levels and key performance indicators are met in relation to the client group (s)
• Responsible for job matching for individual cases and the annual salary benchmarking exercise, providing bespoke market data and advice to managers in support of promotions, guarantees, offers etc.
• Manage and deliver the annual salary and bonus review process for the client group(s) in line with global policy.
• Supporting the client group(s) through the annual performance management process including objective setting, bi-annual performance reviews and career committees.
• Responsible for the quality and accuracy of employee data for the client group(s) in the various HR systems working closely with the Head of UK Services.
• Participate in and/or lead HR projects on an ad-hoc basis as defined by Head of HR, London & EMEA.
Network HR will be conducting a formal search and selection process over the next 4 weeks with a shortlist being presented to the client on Tuesday 8th May.
If you would like to express your interest or find out more, please contact Charly Newton-Coombs at Network HR on 0121 450 5030.
In compliance with the regulations (April 2004) in place under the employment agencies act, Network HR will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable.