Employee Relations Advisor
Salary: £35000 - £42295 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 480104323
Employee Relations Advisor
Birmingham – City Centre. Travel across West and East Midlands will be required.
Salary: £36,000 - £42,295 + benefits
12 month FTC – Must start in December 2018
Following considerable change across the organisation, my client is looking to appoint an experienced Employee Relations Advisor initially on a 12 month fixed term contract basis, working closely with the ER Specialist to shape the new function and its strategy. This is a business currently focussed on transformation, engagement and cultural change and requires a confident individual with experience working in a unionised environment.
To provide credible and professional Employee Relations (ER) advice service to managers across the UK and Northern Ireland. This will be in line with company requirements that will include, but not limited to performance management, disciplinary, grievance, absence management, investigations and flexible working. The role will also from time to time provide advice and guidance to employees on HR policy related queries.
The ER Advisor will report into the Employee Relations Specialist and where required will work collaboratively with HR Business Partners to resolve low and medium risk ER matters.
• Act as first point of contact for line managers on ER matters, providing specialist advice, guidance and support on low to medium risk issues. Escalate complex HR matters to the ER Specialist,
• Provide absence management reporting and guidance, supporting end to end on short and long term sickness including Occupational Health referrals. Work with managers to identify sickness triggers and work to reduce overall sickness absence.
• Use case management system to manage work flow and produce monthly and quarterly reports, ensuring it is kept up to date.
• Ensure ER framework is being adhered to across the business. Identify skills/knowledge gaps and support in the delivery of workshops and coaching.
• Work closely with the HR Business Partners and HRSS to continuously improve the HR function particularly in line with the recent cultural changes and transformation.
Knowledge and experience:
• Experience working in a high volume ER/HR Advisory role in a unionised environment
• Ability to assess risks and make fair decision that meet the needs of the business
• Successful experience of advising managers at all levels and stages of informal / formal HR processes
• Level 5+ CIPD qualified (or working towards)
• Up to date employment law and best practice HR knowledge
• Excellent planning and organisational abilities. Effective in building relationships at all levels. Clear , articulate and concise communication skills both verbal and written.
• Experience in using case management systems.
Interviews will be taking place 9th – 12th November and the successful candidate MUST be available to start in December 2018.
To express your interest please apply with any up to date copy of your CV. For more information contact Charly Newton-Coombs at Network HR on 0121 450 5030.