People Advisor - Case Worker
Salary: £30000 - £34000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 480104394
People Advisor – case worker
6 month contract - leading to perm employment
£30,000 - £34,000
A well known retail company are looking for a People Advisor on a temp to perm basis. You will work closely with the HR Manager to deliver an effective, timely and commercially focused HR generalist service to the Retail Operations Team. This role will be split between casework as per below and supporting on specific tasks associated with a change programme (drafting letters, schedules, consultation paperwork). Having some experience, therefore, of either contractual change or small scale redundancy would be useful however not essential as long as you have HR generalist experience and have conducted or led a formal HR meeting (eg a Disciplinary or Consultation meeting).
• Deal with day to day HR queries at all levels by phone, email and in person, ensuring that Company policies and procedures are followed and ensure legal compliance, escalating to the HR Manager where appropriate (approx. 20 – 30 cases)
• Coach and advise line managers on all people related issues, including but not limited to proactive management of absence, performance and disciplinary and grievance issues
• Work with employees and line managers, to ensure HR policy and processes are applied fairly and consistently to ensure good standards of people management
• Act as a specialist adviser and expert on all employee relations issues, to ensure successful and timely resolution and mitigation of risk
• Advise and support on all disciplinary and grievance issues to successful resolution either in the capacity of note taker and support or lead advisor
• Write comprehensive, accurate and timely outcome letters to all formal meetings. Maintain all paperwork in relation to employee relations issues accurately and in a timely manner and keep all files updated and easily accessible
• Manage both the formal and informal flexible working process for employees in designated business area(s).
• Provide advice and guidance on the maternity, paternity and parental leave process, including the associated paperwork.
• Keep up to date on relevant changes in legislation and HR Policies and procedures and apply to role, as well as sharing knowledge with HR Advisers and wider HR Team.
• High volume case work expertise
• Experience of providing telephone support to a broad and varied client group
• Experienced derived from the retail sector or similar (i.e. Hospitality, warehouse, distribution, manufacturing - an environment that requires the management of volume casework in a professional and robust manor)
• Strong communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Driving Licence / access to a car (drive to work as public transport is limited)
If this is something of interest then please forward your CV quoting ref: 480104394