HR Advisor – 12 Month FTC
Salary: £26000 - £30000 per annum
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 480104492
HR Advisor – 12 Month FTC
Are you an experienced HR Advisor, who can easily commute to Longbenton in Newcastle and are happy to commit to a 12 month FTC? If you answered yes then I want to speak to you.
I am working with a market leading Construction business based in the North East who are looking to appoint an experienced HR Advisor to cover a 12 month maternity contract.
As the successful HR Advisor you will provide telephone based ER advice to Line Managers UK wide. You will work closely with HR Business Partner's and Employee Relations Partner's to provide pragmatic advice and solutions to ER cases that arise within the business. You will work in line with current UK legislation to minimise and effectively manage business risk. The ideal candidate will be familiar to a high volume, fast paced environment who is able to prioritise casework. Other duties will include:
• Identify trends and understand the context of particular cases in order to coach and improve the capability of line managers in their understanding and ability to prevent and manage future issues
• Develop and maintain personal expertise and share best practice across the team in order to maintain consistency of approach.
• Apply expertise and judgement to complex and demanding situations
• Adopt a partnership working approach across the broader HR community, working with other HR team members to deliver a seamless ‘one team' service to the business
• Develop positive, collaborative working relationships both internally and externally
To be successful in this post, you must have:
• CIPD Qualified or studying towards
• Experience in providing line managers with HR advice and guidance on a wide range of ER issues
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity in all matters, displaying appropriate judgement and initiative when required
• Proven experience of utilising a variety of effective influencing skills to achieve business aims and objectives.
• Proven ability to work without close supervision, a self-starter who enjoys working as part of a team but who is equally comfortable working on their own
• Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with evidence of ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality, accuracy, attention to detail and high standards
• Able to make timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks
If you have experience of the above please email a copy of your current CV to Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org whilst quoting ref: 480104492 or apply via this website.