Salary: £27500 per annum
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 480104652
Payroll Manager x 2
Circa £27,000 per annum
A large service provider is keen to secure the talents of two experienced Payroll Managers – both roles are full time and one will be offered on a permanent basis and one on a 12 month FTC basis.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED, THE SUCCESSFUL POSTHOLDER(S) MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE OF MANAGING LARGE SCALE PAYROLL RUNS i.e. 5000 employees plus!
* Line management responsibility for a team of Payroll Administrators, ensuring consistent & seamless delivery of the company's payroll service
* Undertake 1-2-1s and appraisals with the wider team, including meetings relating to performance and absence management
* Conduct development meetings / PDRs with the wider team, plus coach & mentor junior employees
* Set, review, and ensure payroll SLAs are consistently achieved. i.e. make sure effective control points are in place and that regular quality checks are carried out
* Become the first point of contact for relevant service line escalations, investigating and resolving in line with the current escalation processes
* Communicate regularly with key stakeholders, supporting partnership working across both the HR team and throughout the wider business
* Hold ultimate responsibility for ensuring all payroll runs (of which there are multiple, both temp and perm, including lunar payments) are delivered on time, every time (c. 18k employees UK wide)
* Ensure compliance, control and governance at all times too
* Provide data and reports as and when requested, including monthly performance statistics
* Drive and embed continuous improvement and documented processes and controls daily
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Previous experience of operating in a payroll managerial capacity, including within a HRSS environment
* Prior exposure to large scale payroll runs i.e. 5,000 employees plus
* Excellent customer service & communication skills
* Strong payroll / HR system skills (prior exposure to Oracle would be highly desirable)
If you have experience of the above please email a copy of your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org whilst quoting ref: 480104652, or apply via this website.