Director of People and Office
Salary: £75000 - £85000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 480104943
Director of People
Suitable locations: Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, London
Up to £85,000 + bonus + benefits
The Director of People has responsibilities for the development and implementation of the Workforce Development Strategy (People Plan) and achievement of all Corporate people related objectives and targets as set out in the annual business plan. To lead and develop the people support functions, this is a senior role, with overall responsibility for 4 staff and is a critical leadership role which involves acting as a Business Partner to evolve and execute the people agenda. You will be responsible for the overall performance of the team and provide operational excellence on all matters relating to people.
This professional services organisation is incredibility relationship lead; it’s how they do business. Their culture of building trusted relationships through credibility and collaboration is imbedded into their DNA as an organisation and of upmost importance that it’s maintained.
Whilst the successful candidate will need to be an expert in the fundamentals such as employment law and legislation, ER is not expected to be a key requirement. The focus is much more on Organisation Design and Development, Talent Development, Performance Improvement, Cultural Development, Compensation and Benefits and the Future Skills of Work.
• Experience of business partnering in a professional services/commercial environment - familiarity with a client-facing/work-winning business would be advantageous but ultimately, it’s the style, approach and presence that will be most important.
• Ability to effectively manage complexity and ambiguity
• You will need to be naturally curious, eager to understand and progressive in your approach.
• Experience of navigating organisations through growth & evolution as a key career “theme”
• Experience of supporting organisations through change and transformation – from design to implementation.
• Evidence of being able to push & evolve the talent agenda in a high performing environment
• Ability to gain buy-in on people strategies from stakeholders
• Leverages talents and capabilities within the team to ensure high levels of performance and stretch opportunities to develop careers.
• Leads on strategy for pay & reward from creation to delivery and ensuring the strategies support the achievement of business goals.
• Possesses technical knowledge, experience and credibility to advise at senior level
• Strong communicator both verbally and in writing
• Ability to make decisions
If you feel this role is of interest then please apply following the link or email an updated cv to Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org